Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kidney 1, on the sole of the foot

We went over the points today on the Whiteboard. Top left Kidney 1 (KD 1): Dangers-it SMARTS. Problems-it hurts. Both are correct Michael needling me up on the point
I turned the camera on me just at the right moment-no joke, no exaggeration. That is excactly what it felt like!!!
Michael demonstrating the point. If you notice I have hit dead centre on my cross mark!
As you may know by now we have been practicing the more difficult acupuncture points in the Clinic 4 practical classes. Today the practical vaguely flashed into my mind in the morning on the way in to Uni and then I tried to flush it out of my mind straight away. The Kidney Channel starts on the base of the foot. It’s a strong point and it hurts. It hurts going in and then it hurts going out! However I am glad I have done it now as I can needle this point with confidence as I have been needled here and I’ve needled it on someone else (thanks Michael). BTW this point isn’t needled much in the real world, and never have any fear if you go to get acupuncture as any good acupuncturist will explain what they’re doing. You don’t have to agree to any of it.
Also these pics come courtesy of my new phone which I am very happy with, thanks to a very kind and generous benefactor :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks soo painful!! Glad you're not trying it out on me :-)

ועד הורים- כיתת גמולים said...

Hey,

I am very happy to recieve updates from your blog, it puts a smile on my face each time. :)

Thanks!

Yael Ernst
Chinese Medicine Notes

P.S- added your blog to my blogroll, on English blog and on Hebrew websites.

Damien Bodnarchuk B.Hlth Sc Tradtional Chinese Medicine said...

Yeah thanks you're awesome and your blog is slick

Anonymous said...

KD1 is actually a very useful point for semi-unconcious (lacking spirit) patients, also good to use if you wanna grow taller ^__^

B.J. von Schneyder Art said...

OUCH! Oh for gods sake, haha, nice snapshot, Damien :)

Damien Bodnarchuk B.Hlth Sc Tradtional Chinese Medicine said...

Haha, thanks. That was a while a go now. The first and only time I have used that point!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails